Graphical Glitches...is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphical Glitches...is this normal?

For the record, I've not patched this game given the reviews I read of the patch were extremely mixed.

Ok, so I've been one of the quiet ones who haven't really complained about the CTD or the graphical glitches. But the graphical glitches, of which there are a handful of manifestations, are really getting on my nerves. Some sessions, I find myself every 5-10 minutes having to go to Options, change the resolution, wait on black screen, cancel the resolution change, and then the graphics go back to normal.

When I'm really lucky, I can play a whole session having to do this every 20-30 minutes. Either way, I have to do this many times every time I play.

I'm under the impression the patch didn't resolve this. Is this normal for the game as shipped based on your experiences? Any solution other than simply to wait for more patches which don't seem to be very quick in coming?

Not really a strategy question, but in my experience this is totally abnormal. I've experienced no graphical glitches of any kind, both before and after the patch.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I've had no issues, but I bought a new system just for Civ. I plan to load it onto my old box and see what happens....

Comment

I've only noticed one minor graphics issue where when I attack a city, the units I'm attacking with disappear (or keep running beyond the city and of the screen), the opposing units stop animating, and then I find out after if I actually won the battle. Not really a big deal because I can just watch my unit's strength in the lower left hand panel. If it nevers hits 0, then I won.
        "Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by djpsychonaut
          I've only noticed one minor graphics issue where when I attack a city, the units I'm attacking with disappear (or keep running beyond the city and of the screen), the opposing units stop animating, and then I find out after if I actually won the battle.
          I also get this sometimes, but not only when attacking a city.

Once, an enemy unit attacked one of my units to its right and retreated (disappeared). A short while later, it reclaimed its position, coming all over the screen from the left; that surely was a long retreat.

Comment

No offence, but why is this thread here rather than Help (where the rest of the bug reports reside)?
            Dom 8-)

Comment

Working...
            X