abandon a city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abandon a city?

Is there anyway in IV to abandon a city? I frequently plant a city in a good spot, but too close to a neighbor, knowing i will pump the culture to get control of the "fat cross." Then eventually it will take over the enemy city, but its in a horrible position, turning one great city into two sub-par cities. Ive yet to be able to find out how to abandon the city, does anyone know?

Gadin

No, it's not possible. There's talk in the Mod forums about creating a mod that would let you do this:

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Comment

I don't understand.

Usually computer players' cities are quite well placed, at least in terms of resouces. That means you should have two great cities when you flip one of them culturally.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Not always so, Urban Ranger. I've had some pretty bad AI cities flip to me. Sometimes they are completely surrounded by desert and were only built by the AI to get access to one resource, but once they flip there's no need for the city anymore. This would be because the resource is now within my cultural borders.
        "Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Working...
        X