Black terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black terrain

I've played Civ since the first version, so I'm no novice. But I can't figure out the terrain displayed when zoomed-in. It's all black except oases, mountains, and resources (all terrain view modes work (bare map, etc.), but none display plains). I'm used to playing on a green Civ map! Is this a driver or a hardware problem, or am I just not finding the right function? I really doubt it's the video card--it's no G-Force, but I can play things like Doom 3 with it.

Doom 3 Renders entirely different.
    Try reinstalling the drivers, and also get Harkonnen's fix. I'm sure the thread with his fix is on these boards somewhere.

Comment

Current version of the fix is not compatible with 1.52. It either does nothing or crashes. Update addressing this issue is on its way. The patch I was coding during last month is finally out. The patch is compatible with 1.00 and 1.09 versions of civ4. So, here we go. You will need 3...
      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Working...
      X