What maps you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What maps you play?

I tried to play huge but the game seems to run a bit slow. so I tried, standard. seems to run at a good speed.

I tried the earth map but after a half hour or so it runs slow again, I believe it's huge so I went back to standard again.

I tried the New World map and found it ok, but get squeezed in too much so went to Continental maps.

Just wundering before I start a new game, (never get past turn 20) just too many jungles for my liking, what maps do you play on and enjoy and why.

Is playing on the earth map cheating? I just find it has too many resources than on random maps. I am surprised the earth map is good and might try it one more time as Romans, even if the game runs a bit slow.

Just want to know your opnions, thanks

Davor

I play Standard size to ease performance in the end game. I usually play Continents (I also like Pangea and Interior Sea) because there's enough variety there to keep me interested.

One thing you might want to try if you find there are too many jungle tiles for your taste is to employ the "Dry" or "Cold" options during the climate setup. This helps reduce the jungle propagation on any given map.

I wonder if a poll could be put together for this thread? Might be tough to have all the options effectively represented, but it would be a neat way of seeing what people like to play.
    One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
    "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Standard for preformance issues, other than that I play any map design out there. I haven't tried oasis yet though.
      ~I like eggs.~

Comment

I like playing huge even if it does run a little slower (not much difference on mine).
        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Small maps, but I prefer tiny on the Terra map. I prefer "real" world maps like Ice Age, Lakes, Continents, Terra and Pangea.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
          X