Lost saved games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost saved games

I havn't played Civ IV in about 2 weeks, and I came back to play and all my saved games are gone. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am not shure if my son did something, but everything else is ok, so I don't think my 4 year old just went into the files folders and just deleted them.

Anyone else had this problem or know what could have happened? Thank god I only started the game and didn't put too much time into it.

Davor

Yeah that's strange. The only thing I can think of is that the game was uninstalled/reinstalled and the option for preserving saves was off. Of course if this happened you'd probably know about it, so . . . ??

Maybe someone else has a better idea of what might have happened.
    One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
    "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Have you searched your hard drive for files named *.Civ4SavedGame? It's possible that the saves are still there, but the game is looking for them in the wrong location.

If that doesn't help, have you checked the Recycle Bin?
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

yeah i checked the recycle bin, and it was empty, thanks for the tips guys, I am just going to start a new game and hope it dosn't happen again.

Comment

I thought I'd seen this same problem reported before. Finally found it:

Don't know whether this other poster figured it out, though.
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
          -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
          X