Naval cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval cheating

I just witnessed a trireme in an ocean square.
    I hate that kind of cheating. I've been declared war on by a power I can't even reach. At first I thought I had a FOW problem where I couldn't see how he was reaching me. Then I explored every coastal square, and my suspicion was bad. Then I saw the approaching trireme, and now I'm deeply disappointed they let this kind of AI "advantage" back into the game...

A galley can move through any square within your cultural boundaries, or within the cultural bounderies of a civ you have an open borders agreement with.

The ocean square you are talking about was either controlled by the civ you were at war with, or by someone they were friendly with.

There is not cheating.

Comment

This simply cannot be true, because I was unable to enter that square. It WAS in his territory, but I was at war with him, so that possession shouldn't have mattered...

Or is that what I'm missing? I can't enter ocean squares of someone I'm at war with?

Comment

It was his territory. You were at war with him, so you did not have open borders. So you could not enter it.

Your enemy is not going to help you invade him by giving you open access to his territory.

Comment

Sorry, this sounds like a bug then. If he can get to you, you should be able to get to him.

Comment

Not a bug -- Design Decision. If you don't think it is Intelligent Design, that is open to debate.
            I have no problem with it.

Comment

I don't think it's bad design.

It's an extra factor you need to keep in mind when choosing city locations. Adds extra strategy to water maps.

Comment

There is another thread on this if anyone needs more info.

Comment

Yeah, what's this doing in the strategy forum?

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                  X