What good is healing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What good is healing???

Is this a bug that a patch has fixed or will fix? When I engage an enemy in combat, 9 times out of 10, when I pause to heal the first time I fight after healing, I'm still NOT at full strength.

What gives?
    Frodo lives!

It takes time, sweet time.

Comment

More than the "1 turn", "2 turns", etc. listed when you scroll over the icon??? How much time are we talking about here? And what good is the icon? That's my complaint. Don't suggest healing in 'x' number of turns if it isn't going to happen. *big sigh*
      Frodo lives!

Comment

If it says, say, fully healed in two turns, that means you can use it at full strength at the beginning of the third turn after healing - you need to wait two FULL turns. Yes?

Comment

you need to wait two FULL turns. Yes?
          Yes. I believe you are correct.
          One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
          "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

You heal very slow in enemy territory, faster in neutral, fastest in your own. 5% to 10%. I have a medic one unit so I get an extra 10% added.

It helps alot to heal your troops in enemy territory from about 5% to 15% per turn. Just only having one unit in stack with the upgrade is all that is needed.

Comment

If you move your unit or engage in combat before you heal him, and then you proceed to "rest until healed", that turn does not count towards healing. If the healing bottle icon is flashing blue (much like a worker's recommended tile improvement), then you know that the unit will heal starting at the end of that very turn. Otherwise he won't heal until the start of your next turn. You cannot do any action--including movement--with a unit and then heal them in the same turn. [promoting may be an exception?]

If you're within your borders, retreat to a city. If I'm correct, you get a healing advantage there.

Be sure to include units with medic upgrades. It adds up tremendously if you have a large stack.

Also, keep in mind that promoting a unit also heals a portion of his total strength, but I do not believe it can heal the unit entirely.

If you're in enemy territory without a medic, expect 7 or 8 turns to heal completely.
              Killing is fun in pixels, isn't it?

Comment

I like to build medichariots at the start of the game and keep them around.

Promoting a unit heals one half of the *damage*, if a unit is 80% damaged, it's health will go like this as it is promoted:
                20% -> 60% -> 80% -> 90%

Using a promotion "saves" the most number of turns of healing when the unit is very injured, promoting an almost-dead unit is equal to 4-5 turns of medic healing.

Comment

this double heal rocks

have a "healer" in the stack

have the next "healer" with the promotion heal in adjacent tile, in the adjacent tile (protected of course)
                  anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

hm, those times when ive had 5 healers in a stack only used 1 of em? I never actually checked
                    I always assumed it would be cumulative.
                    So u could have those healers in a few squares around, then it would be cumulative, using 1 healer per square?

Comment

Working...
                    X