Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mangled/Garbled graphics and freezes

Hey all,
    Wondering if anyone's noticed the same problem I have, and, if so, what they've done to correct it.

I've done almost everything to try to get Civ IV to work - short of getting a new computer, that is. Updated drivers (Motherboard and video card), cleaned both video card and processor heatsink, etc.I have:

Win XP SP2
    Athlon 64 3200+
    ATI All-in-wonder 9800
    1GB ram

I've even suppressed the in-game movies. Yet if I play longer than 5-10 minutes, the elements of the game on screen start to get garbled, or I'll have weird artifacts (see attached pic). Also, the game freezes a lot when other leaders contact me (and thus their animated heads are bobbing around). Any suggestions? I'd sure appreciate it, I really want to play this game but I'm at a loss right now, and it sucks. TIA
    Attached Files

I had been getting similar effects with my 9700pro, but haven't seen them since I dropped my resolution to 1024x768.

Comment

I have a simalar problem with some of the maps. I always play huge maps.

The ones that break up the fastest are the Archapelago and Custom Contenents. These are the maps I like the most and cant play!

If I play the others they dont get garbled until late game if at all!

Lori

Comment

Set your resolution to 1024x768 and low on the rest of the options to see if that helps. Also don't forget to set antialiasing to 0.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
        X