800x600 Resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800x600 Resolution?

I'm currently running on an old monitor (Mfg. Date: June 1992) and it can only go up to 800x600. How can I run Civ4 at this resolution. Setting it to ScreenHeight = 600, ScreenWidth = 800 in CivilizationIV.ini doesn't work, and window mode runs at 1024x768 as well.

To me too, I have a Flybook, and I wish I could set resolution to 800X600, how can I do that?

Comment

Generally, forget it. The INI settings should work to make a 800x600 window, but even if you do that, it will do you no good. Much of the interface will simply be out of the screen - for example, you'll not be able to conduct any diplomacy, use the city screens and some other stuff - unfortunately, playing on 800x600 simply isn't feasible.

I complained about the same thing 5 years ago when Civ3 was released, and I could only run 800x600. Everyone told me then that I am running an ancient monitor, and 800x600 is too old. Here we go, it's 5 years later, and there still are people who need to run 800x600.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, having a minimum resolution of 1024x768 isn't out of proportion to the other system requirements of Civ IV...

Comment

Working...
        X