Cultural invasion strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultural invasion strategy

It's stretching things a bit to call this a strategy - and it wasn't planned either but ....

Disclaimer - this is at noble - I'm willing to bet you can't get here on the higher levels.

Large continental map, I'm playing Lizzie I and my initial continental neighbours were Mao and Hetti. I was experimenting with some of the high culture strategy when I noticed that I was generating more tech than I expected. To the point that I was winning the tech race with 20% tech and pumping 80% into culture. So - beeline for fibre optics, build the internet and Apollo and get a space race victory? Nah - too boring. Revised strategy - wipe out Mao because he's a demanding and threatening pain, keep Hettie friendly, use some of the cash to keep Toranaga, Napolean and Peter fighting and go on a cultural invasion.

This is basically waiting until that 80% culture with all the multipliers opens up a city location in the 'enemy' area and then send in the 'new city' force comprising settler, worker, 2*mech inf, 1* mod arm, SAM inf and a great artist. Plant the clity and by the time the worker has connected the railroad you've fast built the granary, temple of choice, library, theatre, forge and factory and the damn thing is already showing an operating profit. With a GA appearing every 8-10 turns I'm having a hard time using them all. And all this time the 'recipient' is still friendly . Of course the real trick will come in trying this on the other continent where I've been busily fomenting strife and warfare.

I've noticed that on Pangea maps its quite easy to do a "rolling culture" attack. Run 100% culture 0% science, make sure you have the Eifel tower. Use Universal Sufferage and Free Speech (for the +100% culture) and Caste System (unlimited Artists)

Step 1: Rush ALL cultural improvements available in all border cities with cash as rapidly as possible. Most cities will have most of these anyway.

Step 2: At the same time assign as many artists as you can manage in all border cities.

Step 3: When all culture buildings are built, set city to build culture.

Step 4: The insane culture expansion will rapidly start to flip cities all down your borders.

Step 5: When an AI city flips repeat this process in the new city, and set the old border cities, now deep inside your empire, back to normal production (or build Wealth/Science, as you probably need the cash and research)

With the culture sliders way way up like this you can literally eat up an opposing civ, even the capital. Its WICKED FUN Start as soon as you get Eiffel Tower built, you should be able to get a domination victory on a Standard Pangea on Noble without firing a shot.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
    X