One very annoying thing I want fixed ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One very annoying thing I want fixed ASAP

When production in a city finishes and the pop-up box comes asking you what to build next and you then choose to examine the city, the moment you exit the city screen the view shifts to the next ready city. This makes deciding what to build where more confusing and is a consistent annoyance for me in my games.

I agree it's not optimal when you exit without picking what to produce...

...but if you're going into the city screen, why not just pick what to produce from there before you exit out?
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

It's also moderately annoying that I can't put production on hold in both cities while I do something important (spread religion, change a civic, attack an enemy).

Comment

If you could minimize the city screen and scroll around and have a look at the map to decide what you want to build it would never matter, I feel. You just lose all visibility once the city screen pops. Same for the tech choice, let me still scroll the underlying map so I can see if I need to research mining next or masonry.

Comment

Agreed Crossfire! The number of modal dialogs (those that force focus on themselves) make certain decisions really difficult to make.

Very annoying!

Comment

Exit the city view using the ESC key until (I hope) a fix comes.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Or simply adjust your options so that finished productions/research pop up after the unit moves. Then you can have first your look around.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Would also be nice if the mini-info from mousing over the city name was available.
                For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

Re: One very annoying thing I want fixed ASAP

Originally posted by Strategist83
                  When production in a city finishes and the pop-up box comes asking you what to build next and you then choose to examine the city, the moment you exit the city screen the view shifts to the next ready city. This makes deciding what to build where more confusing and is a consistent annoyance for me in my games.
                  yeah I hate that. I have to remember to pay special attention to the city name. This is more difficult to do when playing the Aztecs with their whacky city names.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                    I agree it's not optimal when you exit without picking what to produce...

...but if you're going into the city screen, why not just pick what to produce from there before you exit out?
                    I don't like the interface for choosing productions within the city screen. I love the popup box so much better...

Comment

What the heck are you guys talking about?

Of course the game moves on to the next city when you exit a current city. That's the entire idea. This is a GREAT feature. It allows you to first handle all other cities you have, and then decide what you want to build in a city.

Comment

I really don't understand some guys.

Being forced to make decisions on the spot has always been one ofthe annoying aspects of civ. Now, there is a feature that allows you to delay making a decision, and what do people do.. They complain about it...

Comment

I believe the OP was referring to the fact that if you leave the city screen WITHOUT selecting something to build, it STILL moves on to the next city rather than returning to the build popup. So, one must now remember that does not have any production, must return there to set something.

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem
                            I really don't understand some guys.

Being forced to make decisions on the spot has always been one ofthe annoying aspects of civ. Now, there is a feature that allows you to delay making a decision, and what do people do.. They complain about it...
                            If the intent of the designers was to allow you to make no decision at this time they would not require you to enter the city screen and then leave with no build choice, they would simply allow you to dismiss the build menu. The way it is now is simply bad UI design.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                              It's also moderately annoying that I can't put production on hold in both cities while I do something important (spread religion, change a civic, attack an enemy).
                              Try the option "minimize popups" and see if that's what you're after. Then you can address the popups when you're ready to.

Comment

Working...
                              X