Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Yeah!

[IMG]c:\oh_yeah.jpg[/IMG]

I ve been paying attention to the factors that make my people happy after having to deal with really irritating war weariness issues and noticed the "OH YEAH" happiness factor ...Does anyone know any details about it?...like how do i get the "OH YEAH" bonus.
    Also is it always going to be +4 happy faces and if not which factors affect this?
    My assumption is that it is a bonus granted for having the largest empire or being #1 in military or sth like that but i don't know for sure...
    no more turns...

Well I know that when you add happy bonuses with a python script, they come out as "OH YEAH"

I'd be very interested in situations from normal games that contain OH YEAH happiness, as it would be helpful to know what scripted happiness bonuses might clash with.

Comment

no more turns...

Comment

I ve been reading around but these are my first posts here so i just figured out how to add a screenshot to show this oh yeah thing in action.
        I have not edited anything in the game (python or xml stuff) so this makes it a normal game right?
        The game is in prince difficulty...
        no more turns...

Comment

Happiness from culture slider?

PS: desert on riverbank? Is it from global warming?

Comment

Culture slider was raised during the last few turns to combat war weariness...i hate not working citizens and starvation due to that...Been at war for many years under fascism and i ve built mt rushmore but have no jails anywhere yet...besides i am not in a hurry to research anything at the moment...
            no more turns...

Comment

yeah global warming has been an irritating aspect of my nuclear wars...as much as the fact that most of my nukes dont hit target most of the times beacause of the F***** SDI thing...
              no more turns...

Comment

I've got a desert tile on a river in my current game and it's been there since 4000bc. Rare, but they do exist w/o global warming.

Just looking at the minimap, Fani, I'd say you've got that game won! Is Domination turned off or something?

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

No domination is on...i was close to the required land area percentage when i took the screenshot...won the game after a few turns.
                  Anyway back to the subject...I've seen this "OH YEAH" happiness factor in previous games and as far as i can remember it was there when i was playing aggressively.
                  So maybe it's a bonus for successfully waging war or sth like that...
                  no more turns...

Comment

Could it be from Hit Movies, Hit Singles, Hit Musicals etc?

Comment

Its from Future Tech. You have Future Tech 4 (I can see you're researching FT5) Each FT adds +1 happiness. OH YEAH!
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'm glad they finally added some value to the future tech. I wish they would give you a choice in where you could research, i.e. health, production military strength, etc

Comment

No, it's not from future tech. I'm 100% sure on that.

Future techs give a "from civilization" or something line. Environimentalism and the +3 from genetics add to this line as well. So it'll often show as +10 when you have only 1 future tech

Comment

I'm 100% sure its from Future Tech, as I just ran a game into Future tech to check literally moments before posting.
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I guess Future Techs unlock the secret of Kool-Aid Man.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X