No announcement yet.

Retire or just quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Till now only once retired. I had over expanded and was in a war with three AI's. When I would have continued, I would be wiped of the map. Having little problems can be a challenge, it is nice to see when the AI helps you, but hopeless cases need to end. Just quitting feels as cheating to me.

The only game I quit was my game on a huge map, just because the game repeatedly starts to crash. Would like to finish it, but when too much time elapses, it is no longer interesting and it is better to start over.

Comment

It generally depends on the game - if I have been enjoying it or it is an interesting game then I will retire or play it out anyway, but if something went terribly wrong then I tend to rage quit an start a new game to forget the old one.
      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Working...
      X