My nuke explosions dont show up :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My nuke explosions dont show up :(

hey i was playing around and i saved a game when i created an ICBM. then i launched it to see what its like!

i tried sea, city, just plain land.. NOTHING just the aftereffect of radiation dust around the tiles

what am i doing wrong? how do i watch the animation?

You must have your options set so it doesn't show your offensive moves. Check under options.

Comment

The option is to have quick moves on. If you do that it does speed up your normal unit moves but it cuts out the wonderful nuke animation. Switch that off before launching to see the fiery goodness.

Remember to launch lots of nukes at once for a bigger explosion.
      "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Do they have a bigger effect, or is it still only additive affecting a 1-tile radius?

Comment

There's a nuke animation movie?

Damn, I thought they cut it out!

As soon as I'm home some poor unsuspecting civs are gonna burn!

Comment

Explosion only looks bigger, but has the same effect.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

That's crappy

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem
                There's a nuke animation movie?

Damn, I thought they cut it out!

As soon as I'm home some poor unsuspecting civs are gonna burn!
                You evil, evil sadist!

I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkcd
                  The option is to have quick moves on. If you do that it does speed up your normal unit moves but it cuts out the wonderful nuke animation. Switch that off before launching to see the fiery goodness.

Remember to launch lots of nukes at once for a bigger explosion.
                  oh wow. Thanks. I did not know that. No wonder I can't see anything. It just moves the camera away to my next unit.

And quick moves is a necessity for me. My units otherwise move slow as hell.

Comment

I use fast animations as well. I just turn them off when I do want to launch my nukes. I don't do it very often but when I do I want a mushroom cloud.
                    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X