Screenshots In Windowed Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshots In Windowed Mode?

Is it possible to take screenshots in windowed mode?

I just tried it, and the .jpg files it produces are unreadable by Windows Paint and by Paint Shop Pro.

After unsuccessfully making screenies I went back to full screen just to make sure it still works, it does.

Does anyone know what to do to make this work in windowed? Thanks!

did you check the screenshots folder? I noticed all screenshots I take in game are saved in the screenshots folder in the Civ4 folder.

or maybe you tried that. I can't tell. What resolution does civ4 run under anyways?

Comment

Yeah, I know where they are saved, I just can't open them. In full screen I have saved shots at 1024/768. In windowed my desktop is at 1280x1024 and my Civ4 Window is at 1280x960

Comment

press printscreen
        open Paint
        press control-v
        If you're not a rebel at 20 you have no heart. If you're still a rebel at 30 you have no brain.

Comment

Yes, thank you that works.

But since PrintScreen also prints to a file (prints garbage that is unreadable) I didn't even think to see if it printed to the clipboard as well.

Comment

There are lots of 3rd party screen capture programs out there. I've been using MWSnap. It's very handy.

Comment

printscreen prints to a file?

Comment

C:\Documents and Settings\*your profile name*\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\ScreenShots
                Last edited by gilfan; December 14, 2005, 02:21.
                If you're not a rebel at 20 you have no heart. If you're still a rebel at 30 you have no brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  printscreen prints to a file?
                  Yes, in both full-screen and windowed mode. In full-screen the .jpg file is usable, in windowed mode it iscorrupted somehow.

Comment

Working...
                  X