Have Resource, but Can't Build Unit - Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Resource, but Can't Build Unit - Help Please

I want to build Swordsmen and Axemen. I have the cities linked to an iron mine. I was once able to build them, but later I could not. Unfortunately this was during a war.

I have seen a few other mention this issue on the boards, but can't find an answer. Does anyone know about this ?

Thanks.

The main issue is accidently trading it away to the AI. Unlike civ3, you can actually trade your only resource away to the AI. And you won't get a warning you are doing so.

Comment

This is bad , Dis, but I thought that I read that only when you initiate a trade can you trade your only resource.

I thought that if a civ asks for a resource, it automatically means that you have an extra. Is this not true?
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Sorvino, i'm sure you checked, but are you sure the AI didn't pillage your source?
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
          Sorvino, i'm sure you checked, but are you sure the AI didn't pillage your source?
          or somehow sever the road network in some place that the resource doesn't connect to the rest of the network.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            The main issue is accidently trading it away to the AI. Unlike civ3, you can actually trade your only resource away to the AI. And you won't get a warning you are doing so.
            Yeah, I noticed that as well. A player should be able to mark certain resources as "critical," so they show up as red on the list. The computer players can do it, why can't the human player?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Because we're supposed to strategically adapt to situaions instead of putting big red marks on anything that doesn't follow the optimal path.
              /me puts a big red mark on StarLightDeath

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                Because we're supposed to strategically adapt to situaions instead of putting big red marks on anything that doesn't follow the optimal path.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  Unlike civ3, you can actually trade your only resource away to the AI.
                  Not correct. In Civ3, you could trade your only resource of a certain type. The number in the diplomacy screen, was how many excess resources you had. If the number was 0, this meant you had only one, but you could still trade it. In Civ4 however, the number is the total amount of that resource. Took me sometime before I relized that, happily trading away my resources ...

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    Yeah, I noticed that as well. A player should be able to mark certain resources as "critical," so they show up as red on the list. The computer players can do it, why can't the human player?
                    The red marks are for your help, not the AI's.

Comment

Thank you

The tile had not been pillaged and the road network had not been cut.

It must have been trading. I did not realize you could trade away your only resource.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X