• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmongering

Welcome to the Warmongering thread!

I'd like to start this thread with a few guidelines:

* play on Monarch or harder.
    * post the world type and your choosen leader.
    * explane in simple steps your build and tech path.
    * feel free to give options underway, as no game is alike.
    * state what your goal is after your major war is won. One game can have mulpie goals along the way.

What is warmongering?

I'd like to say that the goal of a warmongering strategy is not war itself, but the power you can reach after taking cities from your oponents. This can be anything from commercial growth to owning all holy cities. Point is that with warmongering you can turn the flow of the game in your favor.

I'll add a "Keshik Domination" Strat later. But I'd like to see some fellow Warmongers post their strats/options first.

Thanks for your interest in this regard.

While I don't play monarch yet, I still usually follow a warmongering path no matter what civ I get from Random.

Monte has been very strong for me in this last game. As Spiritual I got all 3 starting religions which is a first for Prince and I wasn't even trying for it.. I switched religions alot to get culture spread evenly, and then switched religions whenever I had to get a war ally.
    As Aggressive I built tons of melee units (jaguars early helped even though I had iron since I could build them immediately) to take out tokogawa to my south. Mr Khan was my eastern neighbor and the tech leader, so I kept him happy almost the whole game. Many times I was at war with 2 or 3 civs at a time which kept me mostly on the defensive. I lost a bunch of farms, but protected the towns.

My goal in every war is basically to cripple the AI's production with the fewest number of units lost for me. This means plenty of pillaging and sacking of lightly defended cities. I almost never go on sprees of destruction unless I have an advantage in strength. Even when I do, I take a single outlying city as a buffer to defend, and maybe give up for peace if things don't go right.

In any given game I'm at war for a good 90% of the turns besides the intro.
    ~I like eggs.~

Comment

My current game has turned into warmongering out of neccesity. Game starts... Montezuma greets you. Oh brother... better choke that buttmunch. Beelined archers and parked them around his cap. he couldnt grow passed size 3 and wasted numerouse turns attempting to dislodge while promoting my archers.

Since i had a sizable military from the monty choke i fealt almost invincable. whenever a neighbor demanded anything i told them to "go fly a kite". well a few hundred years later they take turns declaring war. Ill beat one back only to have another declare war as soon as the first stops... /sigh and all i wanted to do was colonize the new world... Instead I'm fighting back the hordes.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Working...
      X