Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone remind me what ICS stands for plese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone remind me what ICS stands for plese?

I've worked out what most of the other TLAs mean, but this one defeats me!

Cheers
    Dom 8-)

Infinite City Sprawl

Comment

or "Infinite City Sleaze"...

In previous Civ/SMAC games building lots of closely spaced cities was the 'magic bullet' strategy that was superior to any other, didn't require a lot of thought but was hell to micromanage and generally not asthetically pleasing. Civ4 as yet appears not to have a single 'right' way to play, though time will tell if this remains true...

Comment

Actually I've never agreed with that statement.

ICS was an important strategy, agreed. But far more important than ICS was a quick beeline to republic, in the old civ games. Get republic, switch governement, and switch your luxury setting to 100%. Wait a few turns and all your cities are size 20. Now *that* speeds up research.

And you don't need that many cities if they are all using their full potentional!

Comment

OK, thanks all
          Dom 8-)

Comment

The big note though is that the offical defination of ICS city spacing is now illegal in Civ IV. [C-X-C].

Tight city spacing [C- X - X - C] is now the cloest allowed city spacement.

Also the removal of hard limits of 6 and 12 until structures are built greatly decreases the need to have many ICS spacing to work all those tiles.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Actually, you can still get C-X-C if the two city locations are not on the same landmass.

L=Land
              W=Water

WWWWWW
              WWCWCLW
              WLLWLLW
              WWWWWW

The games lets you put cities one apart if you want.
              VernMcC

Comment

Didn't know that. Could prove useful. Thanks!

Comment

I have used it a couple of times to make a foothold on an island when the mainland city is conquered and there is no culture on the island. I can then make a city to stage an invasion of the new contintent with it. Even better if I can bring in an artist to this new city and culture bomb the new owner of the conquered city.
                  VernMcC

Comment

Working...
                  X