Missing Resources ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncnunn
    In Civ IV, you just can't expect to have anywhere near all resource types in your territory.
    My issue is not that I expect resources near me, its that they are completely missing from the entire map. No crabs or dear anywhere.

However I haven't seen a map yet that is missing strategic resources like Hauptman, where he's been missing horses. That would put a big crimp on the Russian Cossack rush. Such a map would leave Saladin and the French as the only civ's with a mobile forces until tanks show up, sounds like a painful map of attrition.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauptman
      Ive played a couple games (on a small map) where there were NO horses.
      It has just happened to me, on a huge map no less. Fortunately the good Khan wanted to trade some of his horses for my corn.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

good trade for him if you ask me.. I'm a big fan of the yellow colon clensers
        ~I like eggs.~

Comment

There's so many health resources and structures, that it doesn't matter if one or two health resources are missing from a given map entirely.

There's also sufficent luxary resources where one could be missing from the map without two much affect. The cultural slider bar can greatly help a player having happiness issues due to population and/or WW.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

As far as Deer are concerned, I've almost always found them in forests on tundra squares. I can't ever think of a time where I saw them in any other place except in the artics.
            "Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Didn't know some resources might be left out of the map... But that explains why I've been missing these critters too

Comment

Deer and crabs are both generally artic, it's not unsual to find crabs at frosty frozen fishing villages.

My experience is a few resources will be abundant - often the seafood resources, I've seen maps with many more wines than players, often there are enough cattle for everyone. The idea is these are pretty much freebies in trade.

Then some (most) resources will be relatively scarse - 3-5 on the entire map, enough to trade around a bit but nowhere near enough for one for everyone.

Then there are the unique ones - only one on the entire map! The only way to get that resource for your empire is by conquest or expanding onto it first. This mandates much conquest if you want absolutely every resource. Unique resources aren't that common on the larger maps, but they happen.

And some resources simply wont be represented at all.

Comment

Working...
                X