Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! New computer - how long will it last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Son of David Wow. Enjoy! There's nothing quite as exciting as getting a new computer, especially a laptop.
    How about building a new computer? I remember the excitement of putting together and firing up my first home-built rig. I still get a happy feeling building systems - much more satisfying than just plugging in a store-bought machine.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

X600=old old old
      u need an X800 with that CPU
      otherwise quite a few years (4-5)

Comment

Originally posted by Roman

Thanks a bunch!

BTW: You asked about the response time of the screen a few posts ago. I now found out it is 8 ms.
        8 ms is good. I think you and your laptop will be very happy
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Russian_King
          X600=old old old
          u need an X800 with that CPU
          otherwise quite a few years (4-5)
          It is x700 not x600 (my first post on that was wrong). I don't really know the difference and correct me if I am wrong, but I assume x700 will have performance somewhere between x600 and x800 as the numbering implies. Just what kind of difference it is I do not know. My knowledge of graphics cards is limited to the following:

1) The more video RAM the better
          2) Stand-alone graphics cards are almost always better than integrated ones
          3) Watch out for graphics cards that 'steal' ordinary RAM and claim it as video RAM
          4) Graphics cards have many other very important features that distinguish them such as differences in GPUs and clock speeds, but I do not know what they are and they tend not to be quoted as often so I am unlikely to find out
          Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg

8 ms is good. I think you and your laptop will be very happy
            Thanks... I hope so
            Rome rules

Comment

Working...
            X