Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AI soon to finish space ship? Quick question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI soon to finish space ship? Quick question...

If a rival AI is soon to finish the space ship, and you want to disrupt him, do you have to wipe him out entirely, simply take his capital, or what?

Despite having a fair military advantage, I need to know the quickest way to fend off his space race victory as I probably don't have enough of a military to take all his cities.

Spies.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

In civ3 I used to target his Apollo program city, in civ4 some of the spaceship parts require Apollo program.

so, nuke and raze that city.

I have been trying to tell what the world map city graphic for the Apollo program is, but I cant work it out. Anyone have a screenshot so I dont have to mess about with spies?
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I did it with spies, just like Tuberski.

Roosevelt was about to finish the last part of his spaceship (the engine) and every time he only had 2-3 turns to finish it I used my spy to sabotage his production setting him back to 11 turns to go
        I was able to delay him for maybe 40 turns and was only 9 turns away from winning a score victory because of time running out, when I lost the game nevertheless because the mongolians unexpectedly finished their spaceship.

Aside from targetting his production of spaceship parts another good target are the enemy aluminium mines, as an aluminium source doubles the speed with which the enemy civ can build its spaceship parts (and it´s also much cheaper than targetting the production [which costs ~6000] and has a greater margin of success, as the aluminium mines normally are guarded with less untis than the cities)
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
        X