Monster Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Points

Following on from a comment in another thread (where somebody was really impressed by the way a player had managed to make Qin incompetent at Wonder Building and Teching), I've been thinking of other really stunning achievements that one could manage. Doing any one of these would earn a substantial number of "Monster Points":

Playing as Elizabeth I and losing the tech race.

Playing as Huyana Capac and not managing to found a religion.

Playing as Louis XIV and losing your cities to culture-flips.

Any others anyone can think of?
    Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Playing Tokugawa as Isolationist... oh wait.

Comment

Focusing on Stonehenge as Gandhi and NOT getting it.

Comment

Doing a Roman Axeman rush, even though you've got Iron hooked up
        Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Comment

Re: Monster Points

Originally posted by JackRudd
          Following on from a comment in another thread (where somebody was really impressed by the way a player had managed to make Qin incompetent at Wonder Building and Teching), I've been thinking of other really stunning achievements that one could manage. Doing any one of these would earn a substantial number of "Monster Points":

Playing as Elizabeth I and losing the tech race.

Playing as Huyana Capac and not managing to found a religion.

Playing as Louis XIV and losing your cities to culture-flips.

Any others anyone can think of?
          Where was this other thread? It sounds amusing...
          "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
          Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Search for StarLightDeath

Comment

Playing as George Washington and running out of money.

Playing as Hatshepsut and having rampant unhappiness.
              Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Playing StarLightDeath and Losing

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Axxaer, Here is the thread that the thread poster was talking about. Aeson was the person who made the comment.
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Keep 'em coming, guys

Comment

What about playing on a balanced map and missing out on horses, copper or iron...

Comment

Not being able to found a religion. Period. (Seriously, it seems easy to me . . . even if it takes some time.)
                        One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
                        "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Defending with a longbowman and losing to a Tank...

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by rjwoer
                            Not being able to found a religion. Period. (Seriously, it seems easy to me . . . even if it takes some time.)

Okay then, try it on Deity and see how it goes. Then see what it's like for you when the AIs start piling up on you because you've converted to your own religion and become a HEATHEN.

Comment

Playing as Julius Caesar and failing to get your cities to grow.

Comment

Working...
                              X