Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workshops / Lumbermills / Waterwheels - Why use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Mills are the only (!) improvement for Desert tiles adjoining a River (Earth maps, anyone?). They would also be good in areas without Forests, to boost production without sacrificing growth.

Lumbermills, now those can be really great if you have Forests near Fresh Water. There is obviously the production boost, but a Lumbermill also allows such tiles to make 1gpt.

Workshops are useful in places without Forests, but with a lot of food, or no other ways to improve production. Think lots of Flood Plains or Grassland, and island cities with just Grassland/Plains to work.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

On a forested hill lumbermills eventually beat out mines, river or no, because of RR. However, you have to wait all the way for Replaceable parts and then RR, so you might end up with fewer net shields over the course of the game.

Comment

I cut forests not needed to give me the current health bonus.

For example if I have 8 forestst I would cut two of them down, as only six are needed to keep the current health bonus (unless I need the woods to give my city more production )

Often I also decide that a health bonus of 2 is enough and therefore cut all the woods except of 6, even if there are more than 9 of them [which would give my city a health bonus of 3 or more]
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

since they are worth .4, you only need 5 forests for a health bonus of 2

Comment

It's 0.4 health per forest. I'm not sure if it's rounded down, or rounded mathematicly. I suspect the former.

So 3 forests for 1 health, 5 forests for 2 health, 8 forests for 3 health, 10 forests for 4 health.

Comment

Great to know,
              this will be reflected in my future cutting strategies
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
              X