Finding the Holy City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding the Holy City

Stupid question -- how do I determine if a city is the holy city of a religion?

F3 or check on the map the city with a star near the religious symbol
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

F3 is the civics advisor. F7 is the religious advisor screen.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

whoops
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Thanks. So far, it appears as if all religions have been founded, but it says unknown for all the cities. I assume this is because I have no holy cities. This begs the question. How do I get a holy city?

Comment

If the city is unknown, it's because you haven't seen the cities yet, you're probably going to have to trade maps to see them. If all the religions are founded, the only way you're going to get a holy city is by conquest.

Comment

You get a holy city by founding a religion yourself. Or conquering someone else's .

It says unknown because you haven't discovered those cities on the map yet.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

And if you haven't discovered those cities then chances are you don't have them. Conquer someone else's holy city, though, and it will remain a holy city under your command.
                "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

There's a different icon for the holy city of a religion than a normal city with that religion. The Religion's icon has a star on it.

Comment

I think the question is thoroughly answered now. Unless someone else want to get an easy +1 by repeating what the last 4 posters said...
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

No thanks
                      I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

who do you think we are?

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
                          I think the question is thoroughly answered now. Unless someone else want to get an easy +1 by repeating what the last 4 posters said...
                          How to determine if a city is the holy city:
                          F7 or check on the map the city with a star near the religious symbol
                          If the city is unknown, it's because you haven't seen the cities yet, you're probably going to have to trade maps to see them. If all the religions are founded, the only way you're going to get a holy city is by conquest.
                          You get a holy city by founding a religion yourself. Or conquering someone else's .
                          And if you haven't discovered those cities then chances are you don't have them. Conquer someone else's holy city, though, and it will remain a holy city under your command.
                          There's a different icon for the holy city of a religion than a normal city with that religion. The Religion's icon has a star on it.

Comment

It's the same icon. It just has another icon on top
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                            X