Leader Selection Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leader Selection Poll

Who is your favorite leader. Mine is Qin Shi Huang. Finnancial means I can out-tech the AI; at some points in the game, its net effect can be plus 200 or more science. Since I build wonders (too many of them actually), industrius is a must. The Cho-Ko-Nu I use like a catapult and maceman all rolled into one; and it usually works fairly well. But who's your favorite leader? (Sorry for the seperate thread, but I just found out how to do a poll)

Apperently I didnt

Comment

Gandhi. Industrious for the Wonders, and Spiritual for the quick changes of government. Besides, as the only Industrious leader who starts with Mysticism, that gives you a head-start on the early Wonders path.
      Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Qin is my favourite too, with Catherine. Cathy lacks the Industrialism, but she doesn't need Stonehenge so I just start with the Pyramids earlier.

If you add the Cossack, Cathy is actually better, but I just like Qin, Pyramids takes ages with non-Industrious Civs.

Comment

Give me a banana, and I'll play any leader!

Comment

Anyone creative. I seem to do well with Hapshetsut or Catherine.

Barring that, Gandhi seems to be the best overall.

Comment

That random guy seems to be my favorite.
              Early to rise, Early to bed.
              Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

Qin Shi Huang. Not only he has two useful traits but also two most useful starting techs for a worker-first chop strategy.

Comment

It seems people really prefer the Industrious trait. Also the Financial and Creative traits are popular.

I wonder if there is anybody who really uses the organized and expansive traits..
                  GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                  even mean anything?

Comment

Cyrus,Catherine,Kublai (hunting and creative).
                    Best regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Saurus
                      It seems people really prefer the Industrious trait. Also the Financial and Creative traits are popular.

I wonder if there is anybody who really uses the organized and expansive traits..
                      Nah. No one picks Rome.
                      Friedrich Psitalon
                      Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                      Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

I've enjoyed Caesar, Qin, Ghandi, Mansa Musa, Washington and now Tokugawa.

I've tried and struggled with Ghengis Khan, Isabella and Elizabeth.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

For warmongering I like Alexander, Qin and Napoleon.
                          For building Elizabeth, Qin, Saladin and Ghandi have done well for me.
                          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Fried-Psitalon

Nah. No one picks Rome.
                            Rome can be fun if you want to do a Praetorian rush. But I certainly wouldn't pick Gaius for his traits.

Bh

Comment

The Roman traits have a certain synergy. Focusing on th coast, for instance, really works well as Rome (1/2 cost lighthouses and harbors, in addition to the 1/2 cost granaries and courthouses).

The ORG trait works well for absorbing those cities your Praetorians take.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X