New NVidia drivers - 81.95 released today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NVidia drivers - 81.95 released today

NVidia released new video driver v81.95 today. Has anyone tested it yet to see if there is any game improvement? In particular, I would love to hear that the driver eliminates CTDs..

Re: New NVidia drivers - 81.95 released today

Originally posted by cucu hara
    NVidia released new video driver v81.95 today. Has anyone tested it yet to see if there is any game improvement? In particular, I would love to hear that the driver eliminates CTDs..

I actually found the did solve a lot of my problems with a Ti4200. Still get CTDs but not complete crashes.

Comment

I have a Ti4200 too, but if the new drivers didn't eliminate CTDs completely, I'll just wait until Firaxis releases the next patch. Damn frustrating... but I already wasted too much time on troubleshooting Civ4.

Comment

I went to download the new patch but interestingly enough I had already downloaded it on the 3rd. I went ahead and renamed the file to download it again, but I don't have much hope that it will correct the problem.

It is frustrating to wait. My game isn't too bad, but it does slow down a bit once the map gets expanded -- enough so that it gets a little frustrating to play so I've been waiting for a patch to really get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Havlen
          I went to download the new patch but interestingly enough I had already downloaded it on the 3rd. I went ahead and renamed the file to download it again, but I don't have much hope that it will correct the problem.

It is frustrating to wait. My game isn't too bad, but it does slow down a bit once the map gets expanded -- enough so that it gets a little frustrating to play so I've been waiting for a patch to really get into it.
          Two questions:
          What size maps are you playing?
          What are your comp specs?

It may just be a shortage of RAM...the game eats a lot of memory, especially with large maps

Comment

I've got 1 gig ram and 128 mb on video card and am using biggest map. Once it expands I get a lot of slowdowns and CTD's.

(New drivers didn't do anything -- think they were the same as was available last week).

Comment

Originally posted by Havlen
              am using biggest map
              There's your problem. Firaxis themselves have said that the largest maps are iffy. Unless you have a very nice computer, you're going to have issues with that

Comment

Yeah, I'm playing on the normal map now and it is much much better. Though I still miss the biggness of the bigger map 8)

Comment

Working...
                X