Lend-Lease & Plausible Deniability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lend-Lease & Plausible Deniability

Is Alexander giving you a hard time? Want to keep a lid on his expansion? Don't want to declare war on him though because Caesar likes him and you want to stay on Caesar's good side? I have the solution!

Build a bunch of cavalry, tanks, knights; whatever's best. Gift them to the Mali, Alexander's mortal enemy! Guaranteed to distract Alexander for a century or two. Repeat as necessary.

Make sure to give him a few garrison units too, like machine gunners. That'll stop Alex's expansion cold. In fact, you can never give him too many machine gunners, since he can't turn them against you.

Sure, in the real world there would be a scandal once it leaked out that German "mercenaries" were fighting for the Mali with German military hardware (purchased at a deep discount). But this isn't the real world. This is Civ. They'll never figure it out!

I love it.

Comment

Ah, but will they?

If you aid the enemy of a friend, will not the friend's friend have the same enemy?

-3 "You give gifts to my worst enemy!"

Something along those lines?
      Last edited by Pachabel; December 9, 2005, 15:25.

Comment

No, I've gifted units during a war and the other side never gave me a -x in diplomacy due to the gifting.

Maybe there should be a diplo hit, but right now there isn't.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

yeah, seems you don't get any - NOR any + points from gifting units

Comment

is it possible to mod this so that "lend lease" DOES have diplomatic effect?

Comment

Working...
            X