Multiple resources stacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple resources stacking

Does having multiple resources ever begin to stack? Meaning, if I have 4 wheats will there ever be a time when i will get more than 1 health out of them?

And I don't mean the bonus from granaries etc. I know that certain buildings like granaries, markets and grocers give a +1.

Sometimes I have so many extras in my territory, it almost seems like a waste.

I wouldn't want a +1 from every one of them, but something like +1 for the first 2, then another +1 when you have 4, another at 6 or 8 etc...
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

I've never seen that the bonuses would stack. I just use multiples to trade for resources I don't have access to.

Comment

I trade them too, but this would be something I would like to have possible. Not sure if this is moddable or even how to do it.
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

it's moddable, as i understand it.
        it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Can this be turned into a poll?

Comment

I don't think this is something that can be done. I mean, anything can be done, but I've worked with creating new resources and this kind of cumulative thing is going to be tricky to do, IMO.

Or I could be completely wrong and it might be easy.

(How's that for CMA?)
            One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
            "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

This can be done.
              Like, I created a joke mod that gave +1 happy for every banana resource in your possession.

Comment

now that's funny.

I was also curious to hear whether my desire was in the minority or majority.

Comment

I always wondered how 1 oil well and 1 aluminium mine were able to supply -all- of my factories with enough stuff to build -all- of my troops.

Comment

well, that's interesting too. I suppose you could make it so that 1 well supplies x cities, (only those cities can produce oil units), and then you need additional sources for more cities to utilize the resource.

But, that is not the degree to which I want to take it, even though it is the opposite of what I do want...which is multiple wheat/cows etc... to eventually provide more than just one health.

When the cities get pretty big, having 5 wheats in your territory, yet reaping only 1 health seems so darned wasteful. Granaries and grocers help it, but still...

Like I said not 1 per, but some sort of stacking trait.

Comment

Isn't alumin(i)um incredibly abundant anyway? Just expensive to extract. Would a source make sense on an Earth-like map?

Comment

Also, why can't we transplant some of the resources?

Comment

Working...
                        X