Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat unit life span

Just an idea but....

Wouldn't it make more sense for units to have a life span which is restarted if you upgrade them?

See I have a massive empire with the capital smack in the middle of heavily defended cities. Consequently it's only defending unit is a hairy bloke with a club (first one I started with). Now he's over 2000 years old and bound to be getting a bit long in the tooth for club swinging. God knows what he does in the evenings when the rest of civilisation is watching the telly or playing on the internet.

Bet he smells a bit too

Units in cIV carry females along with them for resupply.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
      Units in cIV carry females along with them for resupply.
      hey.... this seems a bit rude?

maybe the military is female and they're carrying a male along for fertilization in the new world?

after all, we're supposed to be rewriting history.
      If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
      Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

LOL. She makes a good point.
        Friedrich Psitalon
        Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
        Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Seen that the leaders of civilizations are immortal, barring illness and injury, it'd be only fair if the troops were too.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The warrior has offspring who look alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
              Seen that the leaders of civilizations are immortal, barring illness and injury, it'd be only fair if the troops were too.
              Especially the girl troops, eh mimi?

Comment

Well, the problem with the resupply idea is that you'd have to wait at least 12 years for the offspring to be able to fight, even at that they'ed be nowhere near the martial prowess of their fore fathers. Thus, the troops have to be immortal, as otherwise, they would loose thier promotions every generation.

Comment

12 year olds can fight? Burmese child warriors don't count!
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by mimi
                    hey.... this seems a bit rude?

maybe the military is female and they're carrying a male along for fertilization in the new world?

after all, we're supposed to be rewriting history.
                    Women aren't smart enough to know how to fight, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Women aren't smart enough to know how to fight, duh.

Comment

100-nil!

Comment

Comment

Well there is a saying about a woman's wrath, or fury, or scorn, that was it! Scorn. Well, in anycase, it is said to be unpleasent. I say if they want to fight and die, let them. They were given claws for a reason, no?

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              12 year olds can fight? Burmese child warriors don't count!
                              At that point in life, they should have been reasonably trained and fit from living with their warrior parents. I would much rather say 18, but still, humans can only be expected to live 30 cycles, and by that time they've lost half of their effectivness. Cyborg dinosaurs are the soldiers of the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X