Is there going to be another patch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there going to be another patch ?

Quiet out there patch wise...I'm one of those people who are getting more problems post patch than pre-patch...I've actaully stopped playing the games because of the slowdowns..and yes my drivers are updated and my system is top o' the line

any word on another patch ?
    Lincoln's Gettysburg address has 226 words, The Ten commandments has 296 words. The US dept. of agriculture's order setting the price of cabbage has 15,269 words

There are rumours and gossip, but that's all I know.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

No, there will be no new patch. You are all stuck with 1.09 until Firaxis decides to sell its "Civ IV: The Warmongers" expansion.

Comment

Try a complete reinstall I'm running it on fair enough hardware and with WinXP 64bit (evalution). Works quite stable and the latest patch have made it a bit smoother

Comment

Re: Is there going to be another patch ?

Originally posted by enoeraew
          any word on another patch ?
          Actually, yes... scroll down to thamer's post:

"Video and system memory usage is going to be reduced in the next patch."

Comment

Oh, that helps. Firaxis tends to not give ETAs at all (A move I agree with, although it frustrates me) but the slight confirmation of another patch planned helps.
            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Yeah, there will be more patching.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

There is currently unofficial memory usage fix which helped a lot of people (11 pages of "success stories" at CFC in 4-5 days):

Comment

They obviously don't want to make any kind of promise or commitment they probably can't deliver.

let me reiterate:

... they probably can't deliver.

Comment

Don't be so sure. Firaxis isn't known for the same level of customer service as Sony, Blizzard or EA. Give them time.

Comment

Enigma_Nova
                      Either your message is contradictionary or I have different point of view for Blizzard and EA.

Blizzard has a rule "the game is ready when it's ready".

EA has never released a game which would be such a trouble. I don't even remember waiting for a patch for EA game.

I don't know about Sony, but if you mean Playstation2, consoles impose even harder restrictions since patches mean redistribution with them.

Well, probably they have worse support, but probably because they don't need it because initial product does not need it...

Comment

Unless he is talking the version of Blizzard for WoW, or Sony Online Entertainment...
                        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Correct on both counts.

Comment

Working...
                          X