A non-working strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A non-working strategy

Just in case anyone else is tempted - playing the English and making a headling rush for riflemen (redcoats) works for about 20-30 turns before the lack of other tech lets the other civs swarm you under.

Ah well - file another one under the "nice idea but don't bother" heading

lol

You should have beelined to internet first so you got the back fill techs. Or something.
    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Weren't you able to trade for other techs? Or did you alienate every AI enough that no one would trade wth you? I played a game where I dove for gunpowder, and found that I could trade one medieval tech like paper for several ancient techs with one AI, then go to the next and grab several more, and so on. I had no problem backfilling my bypassed techs.

You didn't just declare war on everyone once you got rifling, did you? That would indeed be a non-working strategy.
      Keith

si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by khearn

You didn't just declare war on everyone once you got rifling, did you? That would indeed be a non-working strategy.
        But... SOO MUCH FUNNER!!!!
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

I think it's better to try it with the French, at least those musketeer can run around faster and try to intercept all the angry AI

Comment

Originally posted by Metaliturtle

But... SOO MUCH FUNNER!!!!
            It's you and I against the world

So when do we attack
            War does not determine who is right, only who is left. -- Anonymous

Comment

I always am able to trade for techs; I must just be a good diplomat...lol...

Comment

Working...
              X