Try 16-bit color depth -- plays faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try 16-bit color depth -- plays faster

Yes, the game so far looks the same, uses less Virtual Memory and try it, it may work for you also!

How? I don't see any options for changing this.

Comment

There is a Major Memory issue in Civ IV. A fix has been produced that really does work. The thread is sprinting towards 32,000 hits at the time of this post - all in 4 Days!

Its not a dubious amateur hack. If you get CTDs - slow down - reboots - massive save files etc - go now to this thread, its put Firaxis to shame

Current version of the fix is not compatible with 1.52. It either does nothing or crashes. Update addressing this issue is on its way. The patch I was coding during last month is finally out. The patch is compatible with 1.00 and 1.09 versions of civ4. So, here we go. You will need 3...

Regards
      Zy

Comment

Er, okay, ignoring the off-topic remark:

I've seen a few people suggest 16-bit color depth, but no one has said how. The graphics options in Civ only extend to resolution, not bit depth.

Comment

Right-click anywhere on your desktop, select Properties. Go to the Settings tab, change Color Quality to 16-bit. This will affect all applications you run on your computer.

Comment

Working...
          X