There are too many grammar errors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are too many grammar errors.

A lot of them are blatantly obvious. It is very annoying.

“Your spy has been destroyed the cities production” or something… that’s the most annoying one.

Have you ever read a book that's error free?

Don't worry, you'll live...there's worse stuff going on in the world, get over it.

You could of course correct them yourself.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I have to admit that the ellipses and such in the game are annoying.

You know, like this... Or, like this!!!
      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I have fixed all the diplomacy text from an editing standpoint. I haven't yet gotten all the tiny notifications fixed, but all the diplomacy is corrected and formatted to match standard MLA format (fixed ellipsis and such). I have also removed the extraneous exclamation points, the subjective/nominative errors, and so forth.

I agree with you that such errors should have been caught. Firaxis could have hired me to do it

For the latest version of my fix, go to this thread and download my resources mod. There are instructions in the readme for installing the diplomacy text fix only: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=144131
        One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
        "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

What... you don't like ellipses... ? Crazy people...
          Caelicola

Comment

What... you don't like ellipses... ? Crazy people...
            Ellipsis are fine (that's the proper spelling, BTW) when they are a) needed, which is rarely, and b) formatted correctly.

Almost no one properly formats ellipsis:

Standard Modern Language Association format: "space period space period space period" as in " . . . "

Standard Associated Press format: "space period period period space" as in " ... "

Any other derivation is incorrect. Most people forget to flank their ellipsis with spaces, as did Firaxis.

More than you ever wanted to know, probably. Such is the mind of an editor
            One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.

Comment

'gonna' - what a terribly nonstandard spelling. And 'me' instead of 'my'? That's truly shocking.

Comment

'gonna' - what a terribly nonstandard spelling. And 'me' instead of 'my'? That's truly shocking
                Monty Python is my form of therapy

Comment

You meant "grammatical mistakes."
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hands UR a :beer:
                    ... We don't have a 'beer' emote? ...

Comment

It's: "There are too many grammatical errors", not: "There are too many grammer errors"!

[EDIT] Bah, Urban Ranger beat me to it.

Comment

Since the game is probably being coded in India or Ireland or somewhere else known for outsourced coders, I expect the English to be non-American standard.

Then again, having worked with coders in the past, I would not be shocked to learn it's some kid from San Francisco who also can't speak standard American English.

When I see the screw-ups, I just snicker or sigh and move on. Really, after the first time you see it, it's not that interesting or funny anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                          Hands UR a :beer:
                          ... We don't have a 'beer' emote? ...
                          He'll have to make to with a instead.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                            Have you ever read a book that's error free?

Don't worry, you'll live...there's worse stuff going on in the world, get over it.

You could of course correct them yourself.
                            If you don't like it, write the game yourself? Is that a beta tester battle cry?

Comment

Have you got the game yet, Vet?

Comment

Working...
                              X