Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Persons: invisible?

Hi,

In the Civilopedia, it is said that the Great Persons are invisible units. Thus, I sent one (Great Artist Thespis) at the border of Spain. I am in war with Isabella, so I wanted to use the great artist to make resistance vanish and have a cultural influence ASAP, because Egypt would like to settle there too.

And, as I trusted the game and thought nothing could happen to Thespis, he got killed by a loosy Spanish archer!! WTF!

So, are Great People really invisible? Only in their territory then? I precise, I was in my territory, but there was an adjacent tile that belonged to Spain.

Thanks

Great Persons are not invisible. You can see GP's of other civilizations and they can see yours. You can't capture GPs like workers though, your troops always take the Roman Buffoonery approach.

-Drachasor
    "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

So Civilopedia is wrong?
      I have already seen enemy GP. I even once took a city where a GP had just spawn. I did not get him for my country, and I didn't know if he had retreated to another town or not.

Comment

I was equally irritated when my Great artist was killed by a barbarian; the guide's wrong.

Comment

Yeah, you have to watch how the pathfinding is working too. Sometimes it thinks the "best" way to move a great person is right next to the border of an enemy (either one you are at war with or someone who really hates you).

-Drachasor
          "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
          X