No announcement yet.

Is it just me? The comp-controlled aggressive opp can't play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm saying that even if I'm severely outnumbered and I know I'm going to lose the city, they still pillage the surrounding land before they capture.

Can you imagine declaring war on an AI because you needed, let's say, iron, but in the process of taking the city that had it, you pillaged the mine that gave it? Very counter-productive.
    Killing is fun in pixels, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefusion
      I'm saying that even if I'm severely outnumbered and I know I'm going to lose the city, they still pillage the surrounding land before they capture.
      This is clearly a programming mistake that can be remedied.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefusion

Originally posted by Freddz

This is clearly a programming mistake that can be remedied.
        This is why I don't pillage much, I'm generally interested in acquiring the cities, with improvements. I'm a culturally oriented conqueror.

And the AI should be taught this as well. Of course, there is a time and a place for pillaging, and pillaging is fun and rewarding, it's just that the AI needs to learn discretion.

Isn't it great that we can still criticize the AI in Civ4. By the time Civ6 or Civ8 rolls around, we'll be complaining that the AI is too smart. Can't you dumb it down a little?

Comment

When Civ8 rolls around, it will be 2050, and we'll all have cybernetic implants that let us download AIs! (For an immense cost, of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
            When Civ8 rolls around, it will be 2050, and we'll all have cybernetic implants that let us download AIs! (For an immense cost, of course)
            By that time some Civ players should have uploaded their minds for me to download. And they better be good Civ players or I'll delete them!

Comment

Working...
            X