X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for experts

Hi,

a few questions from a Civ newcomer.

1. Forts. Why build these? They only take up a single space, so any half-decent player will simply move his forces around it and towards your castle, no?

2. The financial advisor lists two types of unit expenses: unit cost and unit upkeep. I understand the idea behind upkeep, but what exactly do these two values mean and why would a single upkeep value not do?

There were a few more things I wanted to ask about but they appear to have escaped my mind. To be continued...

Thanks in advance,

Strategist

WRT (1): A lot of others also think the fort is underpowered.

For example see this thread - and note that the mod mentioned in that thread has also been incorporated into this good mod (worth checking out).

Comment

1) Yeah forts are very useless.
      2) I thought it was unit cost and unit support. Anyways, unit cost is upkeep for each military unit you build, unit support is like an extra gold per unit in enemy territory. Makes sense to me, units cost more to keep up when they are actively killing because you need to resupply them and such.

Comment

1. Try playing some hub maps.

Comment

i totally agree. 25% bonus is not enough it should be 50% at least to make up for the 6 turn building time so u at least force the players to either try ships or use up a lot of units!

Comment

Working...
          X