Resources +1 hammer? +1 food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resources +1 hammer? +1 food?

When I mouse over a resource icon in the field (the icons revealed with ctrl-R) I see some bonuses. For instance, I mouse over stone and I see +1 hammer. I mouse over wheat and see +1 food, +1 health. I mouse over silk and see +1 commerce, +1 happy.

When I hook up these resources, they'll show up in each city's resource box and when I mouse over them their respective bonus seems to appear (+1 hammer for stone, etc.) Wouldn't this seem to mean each city gets a bonus hammer/turn if I have stone? An extra food/turn if I have wheat? That would seem to be the case, but in reality I only get the commerce/food/hammers I see my citizens working on the map. The only bonuses of these type that actually seem to show up are the health and happiness.

What am I missing?

The hammer or food bonus is only for the city that works the tile. The happy and health bonus is for any city that is connected.

The game doesn't make this very clear, but that's how it works.

Comment

So I hook up iron in my second city's radius. I open my capital's city screen. I see iron in the resource box. I mouse over it and see "+1 hammer". That indicates "+1 hammer in some other city somewhere but only if that other city is working the tile", and that indication is entirely redundant anyway since the extra hammer is already showing up on the display for that city when you choose to work or not work the iron square?

If that's accurate, its some pretty terrible information displaying from a game that usually does a pretty good job.

Comment

If that's accurate, its some pretty terrible information displaying from a game that usually does a pretty good job.
        seems more like par for the course to me.

how about how trade icon is the same icon as money?
        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Yes the bonus is for the tile. It is a bit silly they show this during trade in the diplomacy screen. Among other places.

-Drachasor
          "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

how about how trade icon is the same icon as money?

That's been fixed by a user mod. The commerce and gold icons are referenced separately, so it was just a matter of making them different graphics. Just something that slipped through the cracks, or was too low of a priority to get fixed in the rush to release.

"CFC -> Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks -> New symbol for gold" is my favorite, though there is also "New commerce icon" in the same forum.

Comment

Working...
            X