No announcement yet.

Why is it so slow?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a fairly decent setup as well, and it's really, really sluggish. I have no problems with other games. Specs:

Athlon 64 3200+
    Asus Geforce 6800 GT
    1 gig RAM

Usually it runs well at the start, but starts slowing down after a couple of rounds. Seems that there are periods when it runs better and periods when it slows down to almost unplayable. The movies are usually really choppy. I tried changing settings of the video and audio card as well but that didn't make any difference, also really slow with 16-bit depth color.

Hope it gets fixed sometime.

edit: The biggest problem is with scrolling, it gets really slow and it's frustrating when it takes most of the playing time.
    Last edited by sartrek; December 18, 2005, 09:12.

Comment

OK, fiddled with some settings and switching the globe quality from high to medium seemed to help.

edit: still slow. Seems it runs well at the start, and when you are greeted by an opponent it slows down.
      Last edited by sartrek; December 18, 2005, 09:51.

Comment

Try downloading the blue marble mod, there is a program called civscale that allows you to get rid of the clouds. This really speeds up the game when zoomed out.

Comment

I found the greatest help was increasing the page file to 3 Gb (3072Mb) and upgrade my video card drivers to the latest Nvidia 81.95 drivers with my AMD 1900XP+ and 1 Gb Ram with my GF4 Ti4400 with 128mb RAM comp

Comment

Working...
          X