Environmentalism bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environmentalism bug?

Ehmmmm... wasn't Environmentalism supposed to give each city +6 health? (we need a health 'smilie')

But where are those extra health? Not in my cities:

As you can see I have future tech 8, which gives me 8 extra health*, I've only got the aquaduct, so only 2 health there and the rest can be seen on the screenshot... but no extra health from Environmentalism

* But from where is the 9th health coming from?
    This space is empty... or is it?

Well the +9 health from civilization is coming from Future tech 9(since you are researching 10 in your screenshot)

Never tried Environmentalism, lemme load up civ and check it out.

Comment

Health smilie:

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by xxFlukexx
        Well the +9 health from civilization is coming from Future tech 9(since you are researching 10 in your screenshot)
        Hey, then I was right as I was making the thread... this makes another bug, as when I alt-tab'ed into Civ IV again (before posting this thread... one turn after the screenshot was taken) to check something else it said I was researching 9

Originally posted by Nikolai
        Health smilie:

But that's... ehmm... an anti-health smilie

Comment

Oops, I read that wrong, you aren't researching future tech 9, you haven't even researched one future tech. The +9 health from civilization includes the environmentalism bonus. The +2 expansive is also included in that. So you probably have +6 from environmentalism, +2 from expansive and +1 from future tech or +6 environ and +3 from future techs.

Comment

Oh, but why of course. The other thing isn't a smilie, it's a picture.

BTW, why did you use Environmentalism as one of your civics? I haven't found a good use for it yet, especially as I tend to have very few forests left by modern times...
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Oops, I read that wrong, you aren't researching future tech 9, you haven't even researched one future tech. The +9 health from civilization includes the environmentalism bonus. The +2 expansive is also included in that. So you probably have +6 from environmentalism, +2 from expansive and +1 from future tech or +6 environ and +3 from future techs.
              He did state that he had 8 future techs.

Comment

I haven't researched future tech 1, but the internet gave me future tech 9 (I assume I have to have 9 of them for me to begin researching #10 )
                +2 exansive is defently not included, since I'm playing Mali (phi and fin IIRC)

Originally posted by Nikolai
                BTW, why did you use Environmentalism as one of your civics? I haven't found a good use for it yet, especially as I tend to have very few forests left by modern times...
                Because at that time in the game I actually had some forrests left, though I switched because my cities was in bad health and I didn't have time to build some health-giving buildings, because I was behind in the space race...
                But since it only gives smilies this civic is very useless

Hmmm... wasn't there also a tech (just before robotics) that gives +3 health in all cities? I don't see those either

Comment

Hmmm... wasn't there also a tech (just before robotics) that gives +3 health in all cities? I don't see those either
                  Genetics.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Genetics.
                    Yar.
                    "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

The +3 from genetics in addition to the +6 from Enviromentalism makes the +9 Civilization bonus, I believe.

It appears that he's researching the 1st Future Tech the (10) referring to the number of turns, not the Future Tech number.

Comment

Indeed.

So no bug at all. It's working perfectly.

Mate, you've got 4 spare health and you can build a recycling center for 3 more. There's no problem

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
                          The +3 from genetics in addition to the +6 from Enviromentalism makes the +9 Civilization bonus, I believe.

It appears that he's researching the 1st Future Tech the (10) referring to the number of turns, not the Future Tech number.
                          Do'h, how could I be so blind

Comment

Working...
                          X