No announcement yet.

Game suddenly slows down to a crawl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game suddenly slows down to a crawl...

I have never had any problems with the game until recently. I even installed the patch and played a few games that worked fine. Then in a game yesterday, it all of a sudden slowed down an insane amount. I had to wait 2-3 seconds after each click. I can quit the game and restart, but then after a few turns it goes back to being super slow. Obviously the game is now unplayable. Does anyone knows what is causing this. I played many games without any problems.

check the .ini if syncinput is 1 or 0.
    if its 1 (activated) the game is much slower and for me, it can take more than 10 seconds after a click (in late-game). if its on, turn it off. (doesnt work for me, as it crashes every other turn then)
    "Cogito ergo non sum"

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'l try it.

Comment

I made a thread (near the top of the help page) stating what I did to get rid of this kind of problem (as well as CTDs). You could try the first few things I listed.

-Drachasor
        "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

I read that thread but I didn't realize that it was the same problem. For me the game suddenly slows down after about 40 turns of normal speed. It doesn't get gradually slower at all. It is a sudden switch. Is this what happened to you?

In any event, I will try your suggestions...

Comment

Originally posted by amicus curiae
            I read that thread but I didn't realize that it was the same problem. For me the game suddenly slows down after about 40 turns of normal speed. It doesn't get gradually slower at all. It is a sudden switch. Is this what happened to you?

In any event, I will try your suggestions...
            The first 4 things completely got rid of that problem for me. I had other issues as well.

-Drachasor
            "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
            X