Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police State

I'm in the middle of a war with China, and I'm currently

Police State, Vassalge, Caste System, Mercantilism, and Theocracy.

Police State is described as HIgh Upkeep, +25% military unit production, and No War Unhappyness. But I am getting unhappy faces from "war what is it good for" throughout my empire now.

Is this a known bug or am I misunderstanding the advantages of police state. It doesn't seem to do what it says it does.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

As I understand it, running Police State means that for every four people who are angry because of the ware, the Police State makes sure that one of them is made happy. that the war is actually double plus good.

If a city has a Jail (another 25%) and you have Mount Rushmore (another 50%) built, that's a theoretical 100% war weariness reduction with Police State.

Comment

But on top of that comes the nationality issue if your cities have Chinese inhabitants.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

not wishing to start a flame war about real world politics, but why does Mount Rushmore require the Fascism tech? (I mean how did they think at Firaxis since I suppose they try to have valid connections between Civ and real life history....)
        "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

Police State has -50%WW.
          There is graphical glitch in game that when you switch to police state that F3 info shows no war wariness.

Before switching F3 shows proper -50% WW.

Comment

Originally posted by guermantes
            not wishing to start a flame war about real world politics, but why does Mount Rushmore require the Fascism tech? (I mean how did they think at Firaxis since I suppose they try to have valid connections between Civ and real life history....)
            Fascism is about having a ton of pride/nationalism in your country. Mt. Rushmore sort of connects to that. I can't think of a better link.

Comment

Originally posted by guermantes

Maybe because Fascism is a path chosen by warmongers in the game? So a combination of a war weariness wonder and a war weariness/militaristic civic makes Fascism a good choice for warmongers under certain circumstances. (Although personally I get on fine with free markets and hereditary rule! )

They also consider gameplay issues and not just historical ones.

Comment

Police State has -50%WW.
                Well I wish the description said that then. Civ4 claims it eliminates war weariness, doesn't say its 50% .
                By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

F3 screeen before switch does indeed claim it's just -50%WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo

Well I wish the description said that then. Civ4 claims it eliminates war weariness, doesn't say its 50% .

It was changed in the 1.09 patch. My active savegame before downloading the patch was running Police State and I had been at war for forever, since I was using the Pyramids for Police State. After I downloaded the patch and brought up my game, everybody hated me.

Comment

Working...
                    X