Episode IV - The Revenge of the Sid Lords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode IV - The Revenge of the Sid Lords

These days I've seen and read hundreds of posts from thousands of game users with millions of problems. Its amazing how a game has made and mobilized so many angy game users... It can only be described from a single word: "Disgrace".

Speaking of game users unfortunately I'm not one. I haven't been able to install it yet! And just by looking what is going on in this Forum (thank God for it) I don't think I want my game to install ever. What awaits for me after I install it just amazes me. Do I want to go through this? Did anyone tell me about what was going to happen? No! But not only that, now everybody involved (Reseller, Representative Company, Developer, Manufacturer) have no solution or don't want to pay the price. And here we are all of us, updating hardware, firmware, software, OS, everything known to Personal Computing just so to run a game. And the Official Support given, is to spend 2-3 days on your computer so WE can do what THEY could not.

So if the 50€ is not enough for 2K and Firaxis, we need to spend time and effort on their product for which time and effort other companies pays us more than 50€/hour!

It almost feels like this the Episode IV - The Revenge of the Sid Lords instead of Sid Mayers Civilization IV [B]

No! I'm not going to sacrifise my PC to any Sid Lord.

We should demand to be sent the Full and Complete Civilization IV to our homes when they manage to get their stuff together and fix the product. We are customers and this is not how you treat them.

May the Force be with us...

PS.Now that I confessed and I feel cleansed I can tell you how I'm still not CivIV user yet:

By inserting the DVD and pressing Install in the game menu, Adobe Photoshop 7.0 installation begins!?! (By the way does anyone have the serial no. because not even that I have installed).
    So i go the DVD and run the setup.exe. Setup goes great (all the times, haven't counted how many) and ofcourse I get the 'Could not locate the CD'. Its a DVD man!! I followed all my fellow sufferers hints from various posts but ... there was no result. So... anyone wants the Manual or collects DVDs?
Working...
X