Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those with crashes, have you disabled Microsoft's Error Reporting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with crashes, have you disabled Microsoft's Error Reporting?

Soren seemed interested in this sort of data. If you don't know what I am referring to than you haven't disabled it.

If you want to check wether yours is enabled or not (it should default to enabled), then go here and follow the instructions.

If you find it disabled, please enable it. The good people at Firaxis find it helpful.*

-Drachasor

*For those that think the game was rushed out and hence the good people at Firaxis are not really that good, I'd merely remind you that typically executives and people that care more about the bottom line than about quality push things out like this.**

**As a matter of economics, we, the consumers, have unfortunately shown we are quite willing to buy and deal with defective software while we wait for patches. Hence the bottom line does lead one to push things out early.
    My computer crashes while running Civ IV and I have error reporting enabled.
    43.33%
    My computer crashes during Civ IV and I have DISABLED error reporting.
    23.33%
    I don't have crashing problems, but I do like voting in polls. Especially if for some strange reason an option has the word "banana" in it.
    33.33%
    "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Mine is enabled, but my crashes never generate the MS Error Reporting
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
      Mine is enabled, but my crashes never generate the MS Error Reporting
      Same here. Besides, how do I send the reports to Firaxis instead of MS?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

I used to get the errors in Windows XP but then I changed to Windows X64 and have not seen any problems after that.
        The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

The impression I got from Soren is that MS forwards the problems to them. The error reports include what program caused them so this makes sense.

He was just wondering about wether anyone had disabled them in another thread...so I thought I'd make a poll to see if anyone had (and a search quickly found instructions on activating it in that case...which was nice).

-Drachasor
          "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

heh -- I had to disable error reporting. When I had it on, CivIV crashes would hang my computer requiring a hard power off.
            For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

The only crashes I get are hard crashes. Not sure if an error report gets sent in that case.

Comment

I don't have it enabled, but I don't have any crashed either (or at least not yet )

But I do like to vote in polls... banana
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I did got sometimes few rare crashes when exiting the game after the patch, which did included error reporting window.

Comment

Working...
                  X