AI Personalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Industrious means the leader can build wonders faster. It doesn't mean he or she can build everything faster.
    They get cheap forges and that's a big advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Buccaneer
      Can you expand on this, please?
      Ok, the particular xml file is (if you installed to default location) found in:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos

It has each leader in the file, and their 'personality' modifiers. This includes things such as:

WonderConstructRand
      CloseBordersAttitudeChange
      DemandTributeAttitudeThreshold
      PermanentAllianceRefuseAttitudeThreshold

And many more. Basically, for many of them they are numbers which are put into game formulae to randomise the outcome with a certain bias. For example, there may be a value to randomise whether they ask you to change to their religion if you have a different religion, and Isabella's would be very high compared to Napoleon.

If you don't understand the game formulae, much of this will be difficult to understand or to know which number should go up or down to do what you want. I'm not sure if this was the sort of explanation you wanted, but that's what I understand of this xml and its effects.
      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

You can find out more about this file here:

Comment

Axxaer, thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know - not only in providing a better regular game experience but in thoughts about scenarios and how leaders can act.
          Steve Clark

Comment

Isabella is the perfect way to found religions... I like to have her as my neighbor...
            Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

The Mongols are aggersive while France is relatively a builder civ who mind their own bussiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Weblaster
                France is relatively a builder civ who mind their own bussiness.
                In my experiences Napoleon is one of the biggest warmongerers. In a continents map he will usually take about 2/3 of his island.
                "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Konquest02
                  Isabella is the perfect way to found religions... I like to have her as my neighbor...
                  Capac's better at founding religions - the only Financial leader to start with Mysticism.
                  Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

You should be founding your own religion, not waiting for someone to do it for you. The benefits are a lot better that way.

Comment

Making a wild guess based on the name "Konquest02", he probably didn't mean that you peacefully adopt a religion founded by your helpful neigbour Isabella...

Isabella is indeed good for founding a religion for you - all you need to do is build the army to "aquire" it.
                      Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

Originally posted by MightyTiny
                        Making a wild guess based on the name "Konquest02", he probably didn't mean that you peacefully adopt a religion founded by your helpful neigbour Isabella...

Isabella is indeed good for founding a religion for you - all you need to do is build the army to "aquire" it.
                        Exactly... just forgot the smilie... :P
                        Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Exactly... just forgot the smilie... :P
                          Ah yes, now I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

You should be founding your own religion, not waiting for someone to do it for you. The benefits are a lot better that way.
                            On this, I have to beg to differ....

a) Going with worker first, you CANNOT get religions, as then your workers stand around eating thier Bananas.

2) Each great person makes the next cost more, However, Isabella's first great prophet has no effect on MY GP production, as i prefer to settle them for the 2 hammers and 5 gold.

iii) Isabella Always falls behind in the tech race for some odd reason, so my grenadiers have an easy time taking out her longbows.
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

In almost every game I've played, Tokugawa will never allow open borders with anyone (or very little).

Also, his base placement seems a little off. If I'm checking the map and suddenly find a random base that controls a little 2-square gap in my borders, It's Tok-Tok's.
                              It's a CB.
                              --
                              SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

Originally posted by EternalSpark
                                In almost every game I've played, Tokugawa will never allow open borders with anyone (or very little).
                                Same here. Right from the start I know I'm going to end up in a war with him just because he wants something even for open borders, so I'll be damned if I'm going to fork out the costs for anything even more useful!

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X