Single Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Unit

I started a new game on the Custom game site.
    My game is playing with single units.
    Also my cities now show the build time in number on both levels. Number of turns before a unit or building is built and how long before the city will expand.

What gives?

Before patch 1.09 it played this way on the World Map Mod. But after 1.09 it played with 3 units until tonight.

P-4 Intel 2.8 gigs. 1 gig of RAM. Win XP Home w/SP 2
    Niv 6600 GT with 128 megs.

Eh?
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Are you saying the following things?
      1. The game you started now is with different settings than the ones you used to play.
      2. Difference 1 is that you used to have multi-units displayed and now you have just single unit graphics.
      3. Difference 2 is that you now get extra information on city Tabs in map general view.. namely build and growth times in brackets.

If these are your complaints then the reason for this is that you have changed your graphics settings. You can get back your previous settings by going to the options/graphics screen and ticking and unticking appropriate boxes. They are self-explanatory so I dont think you will have any trouble.

If your gripe is something else.. like 'I didnt change the graphics settings why did it change to single units in the first place' then:
      1. Possibly you have a mod loaded. I dont know if default graphics options are changed by mods but why not.
      2. Perhaps Civ4 is just so ueber intelligent that it noticed that you need to lower your graphic settings for the game to display properly, so it switched to single units. And as it also saw you could really use some extra info on your cities, it also handily provided you with that too.

Anyways I play with both the settings you mentioned by choice and like them

Comment

Installing the patch resets the preferences. Just go into the menu and change 'em back.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Alphard
          Are you saying the following things?
          1. The game you started now is with different settings than the ones you used to play.
          2. Difference 1 is that you used to have multi-units displayed and now you have just single unit graphics.
          3. Difference 2 is that you now get extra information on city Tabs in map general view.. namely build and growth times in brackets.

If these are your complaints then the reason for this is that you have changed your graphics settings. You can get back your previous settings by going to the options/graphics screen and ticking and unticking appropriate boxes. They are self-explanatory so I dont think you will have any trouble.

If your gripe is something else.. like 'I didnt change the graphics settings why did it change to single units in the first place' then:
          1. Possibly you have a mod loaded. I dont know if default graphics options are changed by mods but why not.
          2. Perhaps Civ4 is just so ueber intelligent that it noticed that you need to lower your graphic settings for the game to display properly, so it switched to single units. And as it also saw you could really use some extra info on your cities, it also handily provided you with that too.

Anyways I play with both the settings you mentioned by choice and like them
          No I did not change anything, just started a new game using the custom game options.
          Yes my unit is a single unit and not three.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            Installing the patch resets the preferences.
            It's more of writing a new set of default settings because of the increased number of options available.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
            X