Culture flip a capitol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culture flip a capitol?

I just did it against the Germans. I had taken all of their cities but on that was on a one tile island. So by default it became the German capitol.

Somehow it flipped to and that was the end of the Germans. Unfortunately, I didn't think to save the game until it was too late.

Is this supposed to be possible?

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Well, I've had the original capital go into revolt for my civ, but never flip. I'm quessing it's possible, but the Palace contributes so much culture, that it's unlikely... Gotta check in Worldbuilder.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I've done it to another civ. Keep in mind though that I suck and it happened on the lowest level. It's really easy to culture bomb the easiest AI. I killed a few civs with my huge culture.

Comment

Yes.
        On settler in a Duel map, I sped my first settler towards Delhi, founding my capital 2 tiles away.
        I quickly teched to Galleys, colonised every piece of land, and won a domination victory.
        ---
        I later started a custom game with Domination victory off.
        I sped my settler towards Washington, founding my capital 2 tiles away.
        I teched to Writing, got Open Borders, and enclosed Washington.
        After spamming lots of culture in my capital, Washington went 40% American and started to revolt.
        It revolted to my civilisation. =D

Comment

I played an 18 player Duel game. Took over 2 other empires by Culture. Oddly tho', I had completely enveloped the Spanish for at least 100 turns, and I couldn't get them to flip. By 'enveloped' I mean they literally did not have a workable square because I owned all the territory around them.

The Germans I got just by pushing to the edge of their city.

Bh

Comment

i think it is possible... especially if the civ is weak...
            “I know that you believe you understand what you
            think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what
            you heard is not what I meant.”

Comment

Working...
            X