No announcement yet.

Barracks + Pentagon + Theocracy = 2 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barracks + Pentagon + Theocracy = 2 ???

Barracks give 4 experience points (XP) for land units produced in same city

Theocracy gives 2 experience points for units produced in cities with your state religion

Pentagon gives 2 experience points to all units produced in all your cities

But these bonuses don't seem to add to each other. Am I correct?
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

You are incorrect. They add to each other. I've seen it happen.

Comment

You could use Theocracy or Vasallage to get 2 promotions in that situation... or you could use neither and still get 2 promotions (Penta-2, Barrac-4=6; 2 promotions.)

The real coup is Pentagon (2), Barracks (4), Theocracy (2), Vasallage (2) which is a grand total of ten experience...

..every ground unit you produce STARTS with three promotions. Aggressive Mechanized Infantry never looked so good.
      Friedrich Psitalon
      Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
      Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Add West Point (+2) to the mix for some great units out of the box. Add police state and heroic epic in that city and they'll come out fast as well.

Comment

West point is +4

Agree with the rest though - that would be one awesome city.

Comment

My last game, my production powerhouse had Westpoint, Barracks, I was at Vassalage and Police State and Theocracy, had Pentagon built. Once I'd finished Red Cross, the units where coming out with 4 promotions...now if only I was aggressive, that would be 5!

Comment

Originally posted by Firecrak
              My last game, my production powerhouse had Westpoint, Barracks, I was at Vassalage and Police State and Theocracy, had Pentagon built. Once I'd finished Red Cross, the units where coming out with 4 promotions...now if only I was aggressive, that would be 5!
              You'd probably want to rush units in that city, so make sure you have a good income. Afterall such a city can't have the Heroic Epic *or* Ironworks, so without rushing your great units will be relatively small in number.

-Drachasor
              "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Oops, I figured out I confused XP with promotions.
                I was wondering why I didn't get more promotions from the start when building Pentagon.

Sorry for bothering you.
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

If you want a smaller force of better troops, I suppose red cross and West Point are the combo to have. I haven't tried this combo as I usually keep West Point with heroic epic in my, say, third best production city.

Comment

In an OCC game you can have as many national wonders as you want.

That means you can have your troops comming out with 14 exp (+4 barracks, +4 West Point, +2 Vassalage, +2 Theocracy, +2 Pentagon), a medic promotion, and if you are aggressive (but that's a bad trait on OCC) a combat 1 as well. That's 5 promotions. And your city will produce like mad as well.

My OCC city produces anything in a single turn except a nuke, they sometimes take 2 (depending on amount of carryover). I'm not aggressive, but still medic 1 and 3 promotions is pretty nice.

I just throw a stack of 5 artillery each with collatoral damage against a city, then finish with modern armors. Unstoppable.

But it's so pointless. You can't conquer anything, only destroy

Comment

I usually do West Point + Red Cross in 1, Ironworks + Heroic Epic in 2. 1 Produces expensive/higher quality units, 2 mass produces airplanes, ICBMs, fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by Firecrak
                        I usually do West Point + Red Cross in 1, Ironworks + Heroic Epic in 2. 1 Produces expensive/higher quality units, 2 mass produces airplanes, ICBMs, fodder.
                        I did this in my latest game and could pump out a bomber every turn. It was very nice.

-Drachasor
                        "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

I always run out of things for my bombers to bomb anyway so I would be pumping modern armor or marines instead. I find it weird that planes can only take units to half health and not kill anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Crossfire
                            I always run out of things for my bombers to bomb anyway so I would be pumping modern armor or marines instead. I find it weird that planes can only take units to half health and not kill anything.
                            Bombers would be overpowered otherwise. Imagine an artillery that can strike at 20 squares distance every turn and can annihilate stacks with hardly any chance of actual damage (I believe the best interception chance is a fighter at what? 30%?)

Comment

Working...
                            X