Religious bonus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious bonus?

So, after reading the almost sickeningly PC apology before the religion part of the manual, it goes on describe the general benefits of a state religion.

The question I have is this, and I am at work so I can't look at the manual atm, is there any other religion that gains a civic bonus other than Hinduism? (Org Religion, +25 prod for Hindu)?

Sure, the upkeep is "High" for organized religion, but why does this one particular religion have a civic bonus? If it was supposed to be generic, should organized religion civic give your civ the +25% boost no matter what religion is currently in fashion in your civ?

This is all off of total recall, so if I am missing other religions getting civic bonuses, please be sure to correct it in the thread.

All of the religious civics provide the stated bonus for cities containing the State Religion of the civ that's using them.

Therefore, all religions receive all of the possible bonuses equally. The important factor is whether your State Religion is present in a given city, but not what that particular religion is.

Comment

Ah, got it. I think I was probably confused by the User Interface. My state religion at the time I switched to Org Religion was Hinduism, so that's probably why it said a 25% bonus. Had it been something else, it would have stated whatever my state religion was set to?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
        X