No announcement yet.

Can't play saved games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had this same problem. When I load a saved game, my computer will reboot after I complete my first turn. It's a very ugly bug. I've never seen anything like it since the days of Win95.

A couple things I've observed...

It only happens to me on large or huge maps. I've never had a problem with standard or smaller maps. I even added another 512MB stick of memory hoping that it would help, but it didn't make any difference.

It doesn't happen when I load autosaves. Go figure. You'd think that they'd be the same, but I only get reboots on games that I saved. So now I just play until the next autosave and then quit. Next time I want to play, I load the autosave. Try that, I'm curious if it works for you too. Also, once the game has been running for a while, I can load one of my saves and it won't cause reboot. Like I said, go figure. Who knows, weird bug.

Comment

UR, this is exactly the problems I've had since I got the game. Some times the loading just stops and ultimately crashes the machine, sometimes the machine reboots because of it, mostly I get into the game, only to get this within 3 turns:
      Attached Files
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Rimpy - yeah, that sounds like corrupted files to me. As for myself, it makes no difference. Autosaves crashes my box as good as my own ones.

/me is not sure if he wants to laugh or cry

Nikolai - wow, that looks ugly. Could you break out of it? Perhaps <alt><tab>?
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No, the only "solution" that has worked so far is cutting the power supply...
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I found that lowering to 16-bit colour depth helps some. Maybe you can try that.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

/me kisses and hugs UR.
              My hero! It worked. Granted, I still get some rare occurences of black screen --> colorful screen --> black screen again, but not of the same type, AND it ends after a few seconds so that I can play on!

Comment

Excellent Glad it works for you

Comment

Game is still borking up, dipsite everything I tried - even switched to an USB mouse.

I swear something very bad is going to happen to Hunt Valley,,,

Comment

3 Cheers and 2 Posts for UR!

Comment

Working...
                    X