Watching the best games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching the best games

This thread would fit in other forums, but I'd have to repeat or link it as it applies to all of them at once, so...

Can you think of any way of building a game in a way that allows to watch it as a spectator?

I would love to be able to watch a diplomacy, a massive PBEM, a group MP, etc... As a commented review of a game of chess or go.

Forums can only do that as a slideshow of screenshots but there's always lots of interesting info lost, even if the games are commented in detail.

There might be a way of having "In-game snapshots". It's possible to have this by simply getting a save for each turn of each player involved and having the commentary as texts, however, that would become a gigantic amount of files and very slow to review.

To solve the "multiple saves per turn" problem, a virtual player would only need no fog of war and some way of knowing what's being built in every city. Maybe that can be done.

To solve the "file/s per turn" problem, maybe there could be a way of scripting the actions between turns to watch it as a movie, or any simple way of going forward through the turn saves.

I know nothing of the modding possibilities in CIV, so what I'm really asking is: Has someone who knows how to manipulate this game thought about the possibility of creating a way to distribute spectator copies of the good games?

There is a tool for that and someone actually made a whole movie of a deity game in vanilla III. It is availble to DL on CFC.

So someone could do it for IV as well. It even has a sound track to it with comments and music. One of the songs was miscredited though.

Comment

Working...
    X